Wednesday, 28 January 2015

My #1 skin product... Lush Ultrabland.

Up until a year ago I was the type of person who would go into a shop and buy all the skin scrubs, cleansers and masks I could find on offer for £1. I would then take all these products home, convinced that one of them, or maybe a combination of all five, would give me clear, glowing skin. They never did. Or maybe for a couple of days my skin would improve slightly, I would get all hopeful, only for it to relapse into its usual state. It finally occurred to me that maybe if I stopped buying every product on the shelf with the words "pore-unblocking-spot-zapping-blackhead-clearing-wonder-product" (you get the picture) and saved up those £1's, instead I could spend the saved money on a better quality product and see if that worked.

Enter Lush Ultrabland. (Apologies in advance for the scratched pot!)



~ £7.25 for 45g
~ £11.50 for 100g
~ Contains almond oil, rose water, honey and beeswax.


So let me take you back to a year ago, when I walked into a lush store, and rather than immediately heading for all things tea tree oil I actually asked someone what they recommended. The man then told me that he used to have bad skin. At this I squinted rather doubtfully at his clear complexion with not a spot in sight. He told me that his skin had cleared up after using a product called "Ultrabland". I watched as he unscrewed the lid of a black pot, revealing a creamy looking product inside that smelled vaguely of honeycomb...and then watched in horror as he scooped some out to rub in his hand. It looked OILY. There is no way, I thought, am putting that on my face. My skin is already oily, why would I add more oil?? I didn't say any of this of course, just smiled doubtfully. 

"Don't worry" He assured me " I know it looks oily, just make sure you wash it off thoroughly." Or not put it on at all. Poor guy, I feel like I really need to go back and thank him because I'm sure I didn't look very appreciative. However I found myself walking out of the shop with a small pot of Ultrabland. Oh, and a bottle of tea tree toner water. Because of course I couldn't resist the tea tree.

I know that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, but I strongly recommend giving it a try if you feel like so many products have failed you. I've been using it for nearly a year now and I can honestly say it's the best product I have ever used on my skin. It's really helped clear up my skin and my face feels so soothed and soft afterwards. Now, don't get me wrong, if you saw me on the street your first observation probably wouldn't be "Wow doesn't that girl have amazing skin", but for people who knew me before, many have commented on how much my skin has cleared up. And if you've ever struggled with bad skin yourself, you know how much that means.


This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own and I bought the product with my own money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment